Thursday, January 22, 2009

THAT WORN PATH



http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings


I have two dogs who co-hab a small farm with me in the country. There use to be three and I lost Sammy three years ago which left Henry, my chocolate lab to be alpha dog. Never a step is taken by Henry unless Shiloh is there to be his normal, grouchy, beagle self. I had never noticed until first snow fell the other night how set in their ways they were. They leave by one path in the morning. A path formed by them never veering two paw prints away from the same steps every day. They return two hours later by another path up the drive way and across the yard to the back. They have done this so long the ground is actually dented. As I stood at the windows Tuesday with my morning cup of coffee I prayed I would never again be this way in life. After watching the Inauguration My payer is that the many new paths will be formed and people will unite together regardless of differences and cure the ills of this world and do it in God's name. I have never been so proud to be an American and a citizen of the United States. What a truly wonderful place to live.....When I went to town Wednesday, I could plainly see the United States had changed for the better, overnight. Hope and happiness was everywhere even though The Great Depression was not giving up it's hold on our economy. I heard people talking about how big a garden they were putting in this summer and after the garden spot had laid quiet for several years and the feed lot was once again going to house feeder calves. Just as the South Rose Again, the small Midwest farm will show the county how to get by on less until the crisis is over. The nicest part of the whole thing is God is everywhere and people are not afraid to acknowledge him. He must be smiling for the guard has changed and a new day is dawning, and love is in the air.
"Tomorrow does not spring full-built
With some new dawn's bright rays---
Tomorrow is a slow built thing
Made up of yesterdays."
Thank you Lord for once again bringing a new experience to my life. This time in history is well worth living for and passing on to the grand kids....love pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease