Tuesday, March 24, 2009

History is Being Made.....

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

Never regret a ride on a star,
A dream, or a hope that was aimed too far,
That wonderful castle you built in the air,
Though it tumbled and left but a memory there.
For dreams that go drifting
And hopes that are high...
A ride on a star through a silvery sky...
These are the wonderful, magical things,
These are the glorious, gossamer wings
that carry us up where the angels play,
And Heaven is ours...though it is only a day;
But one day in Heaven has infinite worth
In brightening the practical pathways of earth. Helen L. Marshall (No Regrets)

This past weekend was something to behold. I celebrated my 62 birthday among many of my closest friends with Parkinson's Disease. Some I had only just met and some I had only met on the Internet. Some I cannot recall their names but their faces and laughter I will remember always. One of the most amazing things was the warmth with which we were greeted on Capitol Hill and the genuine compassion and concern that was shown to us one and all. I visited my representatives and congressmen from Illinois....thanking them for their support in the past and asking for continued support in the upcoming Congress....Caucus signatures were ask for and gotten and our view points were listened to with heart. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of history as a cure for Parkinson's comes closer and closer in my life time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience for you! You make us all so proud...

Pokie you are (no doubt about it) an enthusiastic advocate for the PD sufferers!! Go get em girlfriend!!!
Love ya


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease