Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's A Real Special Day...

Were you aware of the fact that today is "Holy Crap,Your Hot Day". Your probably not and really don't care but think about it if your over fifty or sixty. How often does some one look at you, or treat you like your hot? If your me, and most women my age, things like that don't happen very often. This has nothing, evidently, to do with Parkinson's or Epilepsy or maybe even Arthritis because I have all and spent the weekend feeling "Not Hot" BUT "Maybe Special" for the whole weekend. I came home just absolutely on the top of the world due to two gentlemen at my 45th class reunion. Kent and Jimmy brought memories back to me that I had stored away to review in heaven. Their smiles and hugs were better than all the medication that could have ever come my way. Some might ask why I waited so long to go back. fear I am sure but I am glad I waited. My kids are grown. My grand kids are older. My life is settled ,if not in a rut..............Thoughts of times in the sixties and seventies seem to no longer dance in my head but haunt me. The life I could follow then I can no longer follow.This is not because I am older and suppose to have grown up but because the World does not believe in that life style anymore. If you want to be safe, all the fun seems to have to go down the drain. This has nothing to do with feeling "Hot"except when you feel that high you have to glow and you DO feel better and nothing is more important than that moment...Nothing before or and surely nothing that might come later, because later is no longer counted in large increments like ever it's more like tomorrow and tomorrow is ok. During this span of living life to it's fullest, Bette Milder made a movie called the "Rose" and the words from the poem it was based on changed my life Here's a little of it.
"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It's the dream afraid of waking, that never seeks a chance. It's the one that won't be taken who cannot seem to give. And the soul afraid of dyin' who never see,s to live...." Loving you always Pokie

1 comment:

Debbie K said...

Pokie, i can really relate to those little bits of heaven, that happen when you're not even expecting them. Those pieces that definitely do more than any of those medicines we take and remind us we are loved by so many more than we know, yet even if we weren't, the Lord is that for us all the time. And PLM? Thank God for PLM :) And, YOU, Pokie, Too
Love, Dana O. (PLM)/Debbie Korando FB


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease