Monday, November 6, 2017

EVERYBODY CRIES SOMETIME

Where does my brain want to travel today? Away from the TV would be good. Even my reliable channels like PBS and National Geo cannot hold my attention span. I am in a state of grief non stop now. and I have to stay away from down affects, BUT they are everywhere. Being a seventy year old and pretty much at the mercy of the world, all I have is my Lord. There is no such thing as a family gathering, anymore. Everyone has another place to be, another person to talk to, another dime to make or spend. Yes you are right. I feel so sorry for myself today. Why does old age have to be so NO FUN?
Since the heart surgery, I can lift almost nothing and standing for any length of time is not much fun. So moving furniture around is impossible yet I never lay down on the couch without thinking this would look better there. I would love to take a slow drive back to Cape, my home town, but my vision is not good and safety might not be covered. The social media has lost it's glow in my heart, but I still pop in and out and continue not to find the depth I crave. Tonight I am going back to Patienslikeme.com for the first time in a long time. I know it has changed to fit the younger bunch. I guess my basic thought is WOW how boring is this? I talked to an old friend two or three days ago by phone and mentioned that I was never able to post sadness, always upbeat thoughts and that was giving me trouble now and she said "Pokie now is is your time to be cheered. up. Is there a cheered up place in the world today? Church isn't even safe.
I pray today for Texas and it's people. I pray for all the victims and relatives of all the shootings. I pray for Puerto Rico and all people just getting by. Hold on to your families with all your heart and remember the old hippy song....Everybody has to cry sometime. At this point in time I cannot solve anything or change the past or make anyone love me more or again. All I can do is smile at the future in heaven....love you all pokie  

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease