Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BEST IN THE WORLD

I put myself through such trials. Often unfounded. Sometimes I later realize the were too much medication or too little. But, as I have told you before, and whether you believe it or not.....My Lord leads me to things I would have never found on my own. So often with a disability, one becomes very sensitive to criticism......almost as if you were a china doll about to be knocked from the shelf....and in that fragile moment anxiety ramps up and our defenses come to the foreground to protect us from the fall. Sometimes even with the best of defense you fall and shatter into a million pieces. Afterward you hover somewhere, out of body, usually crying and feeling quite sorry for yourself and embarrassed at your outburst. Be you right or wrong it was probably "Ugly." What did God think? Did he say,"That's it I'm done with you and to punish you, no more good times." Nope, with me, he gives me a few days to stew and then leaves me a note on my desk and says..."Get Over It!"

This fell from my bible this morning, from nowhere:

BEST POEM IN THE WORLD

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door,
not by the beauty of it all,
nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp....
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought,
was rotting away in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.


I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How did all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake."

"And why is everyone so quiet,
so somber - give me a clue!"
"Hush, child,", He said, "They are all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you!"

Here's just a few more things that were on the note:

John 3:3 Verily, Verily I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

JUDGE NOT

Luke 6:37 - Judge not and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned, forgive and ye shall be forgiven.

REMEMBER...JUST GOING TO CHURCH DOESN'T MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN ANY MORE THAN STANDING IN YOUR GARAGE MAKES YOU A CAR.

Every saint has a past.....
Every sinner has a future.....
Now it's your turn.

Now last but not least. This was what I read in my Bible this morning.....NOT BY MIGHT, NOT BY POWER BUT BY MY SPIRIT I SURVIVE......So I guess this has been me on a soap box and that's all I have to say but as I look out my window the sun is shining and I am going to walk my mile talking to My God all the way...Have a great day and know I send my love...Pokie





No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease