Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sunshine

Illinois summers often leave a lot to be desired when it comes to comforts. The heat gets ever higher and the humidity triples the actual figures. It seems no one on the face of this earth could be unhealthy if they lived in Illinois or Missouri because every bad toxin being carried around by that person would surely be sweated out of their system by the extreme conditions. This is were the mind must become very inventive and take the body to a "Paradise Lost." This is something my mind has always been able to do. I am the original dreamer. As a child, I could always play happily with my cat "Double Ugly" and the world just did not exists around me. Little did I know that through out my adult life this has been a God Sent Gift. Four or five years ago, when Parkinson's raised its head and demanded attention, I was able to sent my mind to higher ground for safety. I would dream and still do dream of every possible opportunity I could find to stay active and mobile. At times it was sewing and travel, writing and computer work BUT now many years later I see that no matter how much you love something you have to keep on a strict schedule, try to stay focused and most important KEEP MOVING. I have a tendency to get started at the computer and go all day writing. This in its self very satisfying to me and allows my inner child to play but the exercise gets put off for another day and that day never comes. Since last week I have accumulated enough dreams to last me the rest of my lifetime but I now realize that it's a package deal. Get fit, be healthy, and take those dreams to the max. This Tuesday morning in Illinois, the sun is shining and it is already looking at one hundred at nine in the morning. I have had my fresh peach and a cup of coffee with fresh local honey. Add to that a crunchy peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread and I should be ready to dance with the best of them until noon with the help of another fresh peach at about ten......and those dreams and memories dance and play happily throughout my brain. love Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease