Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm not Defined By PD and Neither Are You....

Recently someone very close to me, got all of my attention when he said, "You are not defined by Parkinson's" I really had not given it any thought before that. I was having a particularly bad day as we often do ...On days and OFF days...all the time, but this one was the worst possible. I didn't feel good and pain was high, I was having huge amounts of trouble standing and walking and I had a meeting I needed to drive to St.Louis for that afternoon. My phones were giving me a fit, and all my reception on this hill of granite was gone.....even my land line was not charging......so about one in the afternoon I said to my friend, "I'm not going to go. " It would have been very easy to have just gone back to bed and sletp the rest of the day away. His statement to me was one I shall always carry with me and cherish. "You are not defined by Parkinson's Disease. You are a beautiful woman, with or without Parkinson's. Whether you know it or not, I depend on you for my strength.....DON'T LET ME DOWN!"
Needless to say, I went to the meeting and had a great time and when I got home a message was waiting for me. " You never know when someone else is depending on you for their strength. You wouldn't want to let them down"......No I do not.
I am so blessed to have so many friends and in particular one who can put me back on the right path when I stray and feel so sorry for myself...........................love ya always Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease