Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Heart is Good.....

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

I should never swear but today I just must. If I live through this summer with my two seven year old grandchildren, I will know it was divine intervention. I live in a split level home and because I am in the process of moving my mother down stairs I have some of my things upstairs and some downstairs a grandkids delight. Anytime they can catch me on one floor they head for the other floor. If I'm in the front yard they are in the back yard....."Get how this is going?"....well today is the best yet and I must say grandkids one ,two, three......POKIE NONE.

I have a 20gal fish aquarium downstairs. I have had it for a long time and it has always been off limits to the kids because they cannot seem to keep their hands out of it. Miscellaneous weird things are found submerged or floating in this tank after they depart the farm. Usually two or three days later because me and stairs just don't get along and I'll put off forever going down in the basement....Today was my day and I decided to add water and feed and try to do general upkeep. I opened the lid and was instantly attacked by a small tree frog my "Little Angels" had left behind for their Nee Nay.....Ok a frog is a frog but this one was spastic....He jumped out of the tank on to the side of my face......which threw my poor brain into high gear and five steps backward this ol lady with multiple problems went screaming ,"Oh, Yuckkkkkkkk!!!!

The sad part is as funny as it must have been to witness, I was home all by myself. I removed my friends little sustion cup (hands?) from my face and out the door he went. I have two days until my dears return and my brain is going wild trying to figure how to get them back.....POKIE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yuckkk would not even have begun to cover it, if that had of happened to me. I HATE frogs. I had a tree frog jump on me when I was a young girl and I fell out of the tree I was in. Since then I have had a dislike for them. I am not really afraid of them, but they make me nervous when they hop around. If that had of happened to me they probably would have found me days later in the floor dead from a stroke. LOL! Of course, I expect that my little guy has lots of surprises in store for me over the next few years.

Anonymous said...

something with electric shock might be appropriate, pokie! I'm with you....a good lesson returned is the least Ney nah can do! lol. But at least now we all know what kind of praank gift to give you! he he he

Sherri said...

I loved this! Thanks for sharing a good/bad moment! It made me laugh.

pokie too said...

hey girls thanks so much for the comments...you never know with my grandkids...you must stay on your toes...love pokie


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease