Sunday, November 9, 2008

Parkinson'sClinic of the Ozarks

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

I leave tomorrow for the Parkinson's Clinic of the Ozarks in Springfield, Missouri. After what seems like a year of fighting constant pain in my left arm and abnormal swelling from my elbow to shoulder, I am finally giving in and trying to find a solution. I really don't know why I waited so long. I guess this was a classic case of "putting off" and I probably gained nothing by doing this. Human beings are kind of silly about such things. They can take care of everyone else but themselves. So much of this disease is not knowing. Over time you almost just believe all pain is justified....It will be nice to have all the facilities in one spot and have all the tests run at one time. Some answers should become apparent by the end of the first day.

Now on another subject, I found this quote yesterday in my Bible and it so applies to my thought s for the new administration and my hope for our future as a free country. It is 1Timothy 2:1-4 "First of all, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in godliness and dignity." This quote just strikes me as being so beautiful and calming. On a daily bases my Bible seems to lead me to just such a place in my life and I am ever so thankful that place exists.

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease