Sunday, August 15, 2010

NEVER EVER GIVE UP IN LIFE

For as long as I can remember I have viewed Sunday as God's day....and that always made Sunday so special. The best of all things happened on Sundays. When I was small my grandparents lived two doors down from me and every Sunday they would pick my brother and I up for church which was one of my favorite places to go. My grandparents never missed a Sunday and my grandfather was always well armed with chewing gum for all surrounding kids in hope the chewing would keep them quiet for the duration of the service. After services we would go to my grandmothers for late lunch and a day of just loafing. "Grampa Mac" always said, "God made Sunday for loafing...it was in the Bible."
My Sunday is going to be for thanks today. Thanks to a very special friend who has always been there for me throughout my life. In times when we were apart he helped me through troubled times without even knowing it. Just the thought or the memory would spur me on to the next day and everything would be better. Once a very special friend comes into your life, they really never leave. They are there even if it is only in your mind. I am finding in my later years that My Mind and God's Way seem to be all intertwined to where they can not be separated. Well, without rambling on needlessly I would like to dedicate this to my special friend in time and hope your Sunday is filled with peace and contentment.

YOU RAISE ME UP

"When I am down and oh my soul so weary,
When troubles come and I my heart it burdened be.
Then I sit still and waiting here in silence
Till you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong, when I am on our shoulders,
You raise me up to more than I can be." Love ya always Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease