Friday, December 8, 2017

HOG MONEY....

A dear friend sent me a copy of this letter in 2012 and I thought it might bring a chuckle in these times. 
My friend Billy just received a check for $987 dollars from the federal government for not raising hogs. I want to go into the "not raising hogs" business next year. What I need to know is what is the best breed of hogs -- not to raise? I want to make sure I approach this important work in keeping with all government policies. I would prefer not to raise Razor Backs, but if that is not a good breed not to raise, then I will just as gladly not raise Yorkshire or Durocs. What do you recommend? As I see it, the hardest part of this government program will be keeping an accurate inventory of how many hogs I haven't raised. If I get $987 for not raising 50 hogs, will I get $1974 for not raising 100 hogs? I plan to start out small the first year. Then I can afford an airplane. I have another question. These hogs I will not be raising will not be eating 90,000 bushels of corn I understand that you also have a program that pays farmers not to grow corn. What size of a payment can I expect for not growing 90,000 bushels of corn that I won't need  that I am not going to feed to the 5000 hogs that I am not going to raise? This estimate of potential income is needed so that I don't exceed the level the president has set -- where I, become a rich person and my income must be redistributed. I am also considering the "not milking cows" business so send me any information you have available....Have a great day. Love ya Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease