Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I AM TOUGH.....

I spent the evening last night watching a documentary on Franklin D. Roosevelt and his very special wife. I needed their words of wisdom to give me a push  but I still can't figure out if the push was suppose to be towards or  away from reality. FDR once said "the worst thing about fear was fear itself." and someone else mentioned that if fear set in "THEY" had won. It's so odd that I have no fear of dying yet would be scared to death to drive into St. Louis, alone or with family. I use to have no problem driving in the dark on the interstate to get to Cape before dawn. I would stop and get coffee and never give it another thought but now have even changed my doctors to this side of the river to keep from having me and my family in the Forest Park area and Barnes Jewish even though the best doctors in the world are there.
I was in the hippy era in the mid sixties and have lived and endured all the misconceptions of women. All I knew at sixteen was what men said was true just like everything my dad said was true and women were mainly raised to cook, clean and serve. It took many years to claim my space in life but so many things never changed. I remember telling someone early on "Don't fall in love with me. I will only hurt you." How sad. I was only seventeen. I moved on in life and possibly never really knew what love really was but one thing I found to be true. What I learned, I learned well and God was always there beside me and with a plan or I would not be here today with a smile.
I have endured countless illnesses and surgeries, especially in the last two years. Through it all my son has stayed by my side and is always there on the other side. He has a huge heart and my being ill cuts him like a knife. Thank you  Lord for bringing him his wife and two beautiful children. because the possibility of their hugs has kept him going. As I said, he is an awesome son and as a father, there are few who could beat him.
Well I have exposed myself enough to the world and I will endure another session of the evening news and all will progress on for good or bad, but I am from southeast Missouri and I AM TOUGH.....love ya, Pokie.

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease