Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

I very seldom say what I am into behind the scenes, but today I cannot help but get on my soapbox and just yell at the top of my lungs....WOW  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME.......Six am. on Christmas Eve and I open my computer to get the current news and find out I am listed in the new Proud Hands Book by Teva....This is the very first book I collected at my first Unity Walk in 2008.  Holly Berry signed my first book and now I will be in the next one. I am literally brought to my knees by this.  I am an ex goat farmer from the Midwest who never wrote anything before 2008.  I have spent my life raising a family of three as a single mother.  Those three produced six grandchildren which turned out to be the joy of my life. Along came Parkinson's in 2005. shortly after I had retired. to take care of my mom after my dad passed away. For some reason I never fell into depression, as most do. I can only attribute this to the fact that almost immediately God put me in touch with http://www.Patientslikeme.com.  Such a small little site for Parkinson's patients at the time and now look at it.  They nurtured me along, a small step at a time.  The amazement is, I never touched a computer before finding PLM.  As a matter of fact I was looking for my email when I found Patientslikeme.com and some how (God) got in there and guided me along.  I didn't  even know what a username was.  I can only say this  to all there and especially Jamie Heywood, one of the owners, for putting up wlth me in the past years and providing me a home away from home. Well now on to the next surprise, as if this was not enough.

I had been ask to compete for HealthBlogger of the Year on http://www.Wellsphere.com some time ago and this morning I found out I came in thirty fourth of the top one hundred this morning. I can only say thank you so much for all that read my blogs and voted for me.  I can only say this and stop to cry.  Thank you friends.  Thank you family.  Thank you Parkinson's and most of all THANK YOU JESUS. on this the eve of your birthday, for bringing your celebration to my house in such a way.  I am forever changed   Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday   Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease