Friday, March 19, 2010

THE GOLDEN YEARS

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

This morning I received an email from a very dear friend who has very early Alzheimer's Disease and has such a great attitude. I had my morning coffee and read this and thought,. "How true and funny this is of so many of us and not necessarily old and golden citizens of this fine land. We rush until our brain really does not know which way to go...... open or close:

I'm writing to say I'm living'
That I'm not among the dead,
Though I'm getting more forgetful
And mixed up in the head.
I got use to my arthritis,
To my dentures I'm resigned.
I can manage my bifocals
But gosh, I miss my mind!
For sometimes I can't remember
When I stand at the foot of the stairs
If I must go up for something
Or have I just come down from there?
And before the fridge so often,
My poor mind is filled with doubt.
Have I just put the food away
Or have I come to take some out?
So if it's my turn to write you
There's no need for getting sore;
I may think I have written
And I don't want to be a bore.
Just remember that I love you
And wish that you were near.
Now it's nearly time
So I must say goodbye, my dear.
Here I stand beside my mailbox
With a face so very red!
Instead of mailing you my letter
I have opened it instead!

I promptly called her up and we had a great time laughing at just how we had become and silently in the back of our minds prayed for the calming of today's generation of speeding minds...love ya Pokie





No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease