Sunday, March 21, 2010

THIS IS MY NEW LOOK

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

It's not perfect but neither am I. I have tried several things and through going back and forth all night this is the result. It is now one in the morning and after a nap and getting up and the blog was still full page I have accomplished something...A PLUS though a little plus in life's journeys. Speaking of journeys,I am starting on a huge one and taking a rather large crowd with me. Unlike last year when we all showed up on Saturday and then were gone, this year I have choreographed four days in New York City, all the way down to the rental of a wheelchair for three days. I've checked people on my team for tee shirt sizes and made sure they got the right hotel. Planned a get together for this organization and that. Plotted a supper for PLM members for either Friday or Saturday evening and still hopefully left time for me and New York City to embrace as we did last year. It always seems impossible to me that I can love this city as much as I do.I love the energy and availability. Everything is right at hand. Last year one daughter went with me and this year both daughters are going. I hesitate to say this will be my last trip. At one time I thought it might but things are looking up again and I have so much more I would like to see here. But for now let me tell you about my team Team Patientslikeme at the 16th Annual Parkinson's Unity Walk in Central Park on April 24th at 10:00am. We are now up to 27 members and have collected $4000.00 and have a month to go. This may not seem like much to you but this was started from nothing and grows daily from heaven. The team is so excited they can hardly contain their selves on line. Patientslikeme has furnished us with team tee shirts and we will be strutting our stuff for sure. We are bringing our families and inviting friends and crossing communities because......these cures can not be won by just Parkinson's or just ALS or MS but a combined effort from all of us. I have not only Parkinson's but Epilepsy and Acute Arthritis and have invited all groups plus Francesco Clark, Spokesperson for the Chris Reeves Foundation to come. We need to all hold hands in what ever fashion we may to be united in improving our health and well being in this time of health care strife. Wheel chair, to wheelchair, walker to walker, smile to smile......What a day! If your in New York come and visit. We may be slow and some are bent, We may have tremors and speak quite low. We may be very emotional and hug a lot; but our hearts are huge and our minds are good and our ability to be good company is unsurpassed...love Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease