Sunday, March 14, 2010

There are no Excuses

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820
Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

Today is my 63rd birthday and as my days go a day filled with new experiences and wandering from place to place.  I have no time for depression because there is a never ending supply of uplifting things being supplied to my brain. Early this moring the Birthday wishes started coming in on Facebook and all of a sudden a message pops up on messenger from Concepcion, Chili.  That's right from Patty, who I have tried desperately to stay in touch with through the quakes. She has Parkinson's and is in a support group called Grupha Concepcion. As we were talking on chat she mentioned she had Skype as do I. Though I have never used it,. off I went to learn rapidly and for the first time we viewed each other face to face.  As we stumbled through our differences in language, we laughed and cried at the closeness we had achieved.  Her world of terror and pain was helped by my world of affluence.Patty and I will be friends for ever because God said so and made it possible.  It is a wonderful feeling for sure.  I am putting a package together for her of dried food and necessities and I can not tell you what it means to me to know she is safe. I hope my appearance to be in better shape the next meeting since I had just gotten out of the shower and my hair was totally wet and hanging in curls all around my round, no makeup face,

There are no excuses as Wayne Dyer says for not living your life to the fullest and anything less is an insult to God.  I had never really thought of it that way and sometimes slip into feeling sorry for myself just because I am.......sick, poor, hurt, tired, uneducated, and so on......  NO MORE ..... To live with a passion is ok for anyone, no matter if they be suffering from a disease or just suffering from life.

My 63 rd birthday has been fantastic as was my 62nd when we took on The Hill in Washington, D.C. to lobby for the PAN Forum.  I was surprised the night before with a party and the events of today have struck my heart and will stick in my mind  for ever. All participants in my birthday...Thank You......all people with a birthday today....Happy Birthday...love Pokie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was gladly surprised when I read this blog entry with the story about how we meet eachother and, same as you, I think that we will be friend for ever: we are in the same cause, no matter the language problems.

Love Patty.
Concepción,Chile.


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease