Monday, June 14, 2010

Old Soldiers

"Old Soldiers never Die" and my Dad use to say, "Everything around here just about works" and we use to turn our heads and mumble. Lately this is a daily chant in my world. I have so many things I would like to do and either physically or mentally cannot complete them. And then the interruptions. It's summer and my house is like Grand Central Station and everyone has a comment that they think I need to answer....alas there goes my train of thought and I have to start all over again...But there is a bright side to this. My lap top went down three days ago and I thought it was the end of the world but it was only the end of VISTA and back to GOOD 'OL XP. The power went off last night for four hours but when my printer came on it has never printed better. Maybe everything just needed a good cleaning out or vacation. I hope people think twice before they put me on the shelf for a newer model. I hope they make sure every drop of wisdom I could possibly pass on to my grandkids has been drained out and saved in a time capsule for later cross referencing. I hope they take a month or so and plunder through my writings and laugh or cry as they go. I so hope my life has not been in vain and that I made my family and my maker proud....love Pokie

No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease