Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Mongoose 55"

http://blogger.com/blog-formatting.g?blogID=7105864728904284820Blogger: Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's Disease - Formatting Settings

I was just totally blown away when I opened this package. Embroidery is one thing and then there is embroidery. Every inch of this is stitched with words from friends. This is what she wrote me,
"When I decided to make a panel I came up with the theme, 'Parkinson's doesn't define me,' I was going to embroidery words on the panel that I would use to describe me, but I could only come up with about five, so I made the tulips and sent them to friends and family asking them to write a word to define me. I was expecting things like, short, freckled, Irish, something one word each.

Instead, people wrote longer and very nice things about me. It was very sweet and touching, but it really wasn't WORDS to define m. So I decided to change my theme to "See me, not my Symptoms" Once I did that, it seemed I had to explain the tulips which is why I wrote on the flowers my thoughts. I added the ladybugs because I love ladybugs and I wanted to add something personal but also my name Donna, means Lady and legion has it that ladybugs were named for the Blessed Mother and so was I......

Now just how beautiful is that? Love Pokie


No comments:


Today With PokieToo and Parkinson's and Acute RA Disease